Summer Camp managers
We are now accepting applications for Summer Camp Manager positions for our 2023 camps. All applications must be completed via our online form below.
Vital ingredients for the perfect STARCAMP CAMP MANAGER:
Our Camp Managers will be responsible and take the lead in the overall management and running of the camp.
- MUST have a car (necessary to carry certain camp material).
- MUST be available for a minimum 8 weeks of July / August.
- Must have a professional and managerial persona while being charismatic, upbeat and fun loving.
- Must have excellent experience in working with and understanding the needs of children.
- Must have a passion for music, dance or the performing arts in general.
- Must be extremely organised, mature and responsible at all times.
- Must be able to give direction and lead a strong team with confidence.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Must be available for STARCAMP training.
- All Starcamp staff will be Garda Vetted.
***STARCAMP Summer camp staff have been offered many opportunities with us throughout the years. Some have sang on Charity singles that we have released into the charts, some have done extra work with us in RTE & TV3 and others have come on board to form part of our full time team***
WHEN SHOULD I APPLY?
NOW. Our online application is now open for 2023 and it is advisable to submit your application as early as possible.
CAN I APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE LOCATION?
When filling out the form, ensure that you list ALL POSSIBLE SPECIFIC LOCATIONS and corresponding dates that you could work each week throughout the 8 weeks that the summer camps run. While we will endeavour to place leaders in their preferred location this is not guaranteed. Repeat staff will be offered first preference on locations.The more places that you are available for work the better!
Given the nature of summer camps, if a minimum number of bookings are not achieved for a venue work may not be available that week.
IS TRAINING PROVIDED?
All staff are expected to attend a training day which is non-paid.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE ANY BACKGROUND CHECKS?
As Irelands Leading Performing Arts Summer Camp provider Starcamp has a duty of care to ensure we are making safe recruitment choices when appointing the best staff for our camps! A Garda Vetting check will be required by all potential candidates.
WILL STARCAMP PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL EXPENSES
As STARCAMP run non residential camps all staff are expected to have their own accommodation and be able to travel daily to their STARCAMP Camp venue.
All Starcamp leaders will need to be Garda Vetted. We will email you a link to start the process.
We will then be in touch with you in due course regarding the interview process.